Tuesday, April 16, 2013

New Interactive Playspace from the Burgeon Group!

Early last year, I came across a list of the top ten children's libraries in the country, and I noticed that several of them (4 or 5?) had pieces from the Burgeon Group.  So when I attended PLA last April and visited their booth in the exhibit hall, I fell in love with the pieces!  They are fun, colorful, educational, and museum quality artsy pieces with lots of ways to play with them.

A little over a year later, we've just had three pieces installed in my library, and the kids love them!



Here's our tractor:


 
And puppet kiosk:
 

 
And wall piece for the playhouse:


If I had been the youth services librarian when the building was designed, I would have had Burgeon Group do the whole department.  I'm thankful, though, that we got what we did.  The funding for the installation was provided by our Friends of the Library and the Robert and Shirley Berg Endowment.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment