Saturday, February 18, 2012

Colors

My favorite flannel story to date is Dog's Colorful Day by Emma Dodd, also posted on Flannel Friday by a few folks.  For this storytime for two and three-year-olds, we read Kid Tea by Elizabeth Ficocelli (the parents laughed during this one!), Knock! Knock! by Anna-Clara Tidholm, and Red, Yellow, Blue and You by CynthiaVance:




And here's my Dog's Colorful Day flannel:


The only spot permanently attached is the black one on his ear.  The others I added as I told the story so that when dog takes, I take off the other spots and he's clean again!

We also did a flannel song--Bluebird.  I kept one of each of the colored birds and distributed the rest to children.  Each child brought her/his bird to the flannel board when we sang the verse about the color he/she had.  I've done similar color-themed flannel songs since then, and my two and three-year olds are getting the hang of waiting for their turn and putting their flannel object on the board--the process gets smoother each time we do it.  I know I got this version and the idea from one of the books I have with storytime ideas, but I'm going to have to go through them to find the reference and I'll add it this week when I find it.

Bluebird, bluebird, through my window.
Bluebird, bluebird, through my window.
Bluebird, bluebird, through my window.
Hey diddle dum a day-day.
(Repeat with other colors.)

No comments:

Post a Comment